Last updated: 06/05/2021
Section 1 – Who We Are:
In this Privacy Notice, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refers to GRIP Technologies Limited and ‘you’ and ‘your’ refers to the medical expert. You can ask for further information about our use of your personal information, by contacting us.
GRIP Technologies Limited is a data processor and is registered as such with the Information Commissioners Office under registration number Z1834670.
Section 2 – What Information We Process:
We provide you with the software to run your medico-legal reporting business. The software is designed by using Microsoft .Net technology and we use MySQL database to store any data you enter into the software. The software operates in a disconnected environment, all the information stores locally on your computer and this information synchronises with our central server upon synchronisation request sent by you.
The type of information we collect about you may include information such as:
- Full name
- Your company details
- Email address
- Contact number
- Profession related information
- VAT registration details
- Bank details
The type of information we collect or may process about the claimant may include information such as:
- Full name
- Email address
- Contact numbers
- References number associated to any professional bodies i.e. MedCo, insurer, instructing parties
- Date of birth
- Date of accident
- Medical records
- Information related to the medical report
Section 3 – Software Dimensions:
GRIP software has 2 major dimensions. GRIP Admin, this allows you to manage your personal profile including VAT and bank details, consulting venues, instructions, instructing parties details, manage your diary, generating appointment letters, sending SMS appointment reminders, manage your invoices, aged debtor reports and remittances. GRIP – Reporting, this part is for producing the main and addendum medical reports. This also gives you access to GRIP24, the mobile phone application. You will be able to access your clinic lists, diary and claimant contact details on the application. This also gives the facility to take the claimant photo which can be uploaded on the medical report.
Section 4 – How We Will Use the Information which synchronised to our Server:
We keep this information to provide you with a backup facility in case of any damage or replacement of your computer. We also keep this information if your data needs to be synchronized by another user part of your organisation.
Section 5 – Where is our Server hosted:
We have UK based servers which are hosted and managed by GoodChoice IT whose registered office address is The Station House, Above Carshalton Station, Station Approach, North Street Carshalton, SM5 2HW http://www.goodchoiceit.co.uk
Section 6 – How Long Do We Keep Your Data:
The information you have recorded in the software will be held on our server for 5 years for the purposes for which it was originally collected and for the purpose of defending a legal claim. The data will be deleted after this period.
Section 7 – Your Rights and Access to your Information:
You have a number of rights as to how we use and store the personal information, these include the right to:
- ask for access to and a copy of your personal information.
- ask for access to and a copy of the medical report and addendum report typed for you.
- ask us to correct or delete the personal information. Please see the ‘Right to have your personal data deleted from our system” section for more information.
- ask us to restrict or object to the use of your personal information. Please see the ‘Right to restrict the processing of your personal data section for more information.
- where you have previously given us your permission to use your personal information for marketing or insurance purposes, withdraw that permission. Where your permission is withdrawn, your previous consent will remain valid in respect of our use of your information prior to the date you withdrew it, or if any marketing material has been sent prior to you advising that you do not wish us to contact you again.
- complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at any time if you object to the way we use your personal information. For more information, please go to www.ico.org.uk
- object to any automated decision including profiling.
- request information for transfer to another company, also known as data portability.
To request a copy of your data and make a formal ‘subject access request’ please write to us at GRIP Technologies Limited, 113 Westmead Road Sutton SM1 4JE or request this by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For security reasons, please ensure that you include your full name, date of birth, address and postcode. We may request further information to validate your identity before the request is processed.
The information requested will be sent within 1 month unless the requests are complex or numerous in which case, we may extend this time by a further 2 months.
There will be no charge for a request for data however if it can be demonstrated that the requests are excessive, repetitive or frivolous, we may charge a reasonable fee.
Section 8 – Right to have your personal data deleted from our systems:
You can request that we delete your data from our server if you believe that:
- We no longer need to process your personal data in order to provide you with software services or;
- We have processed your personal data in a manner which you believe is unlawful or;
- We have to delete your personal data to comply with another piece of legislation.
Section 9 – Right to restrict the processing of your personal data:
You can request that we temporarily stop storing your data on our server if you believe that:
- We should not process your data whilst we are in discussions with you regarding a disagreement over the accuracy of your personal data or;
- We have processed your personal data in a manner which you believe is unlawful but rather than wanting us to delete your data you would prefer us to take another course of action to rectify your issue or;
- We no longer require the data, but you do not wish us to remove it from our systems as you require it for establishing or defending a legal claim.